Sunday, December 9, 2007

Seeing Sunrise On Plane

I am not a frequent flyer, and I do not like the feeling of taking long distance flight. Although I love to travel, I am still quite phobia of taking long distance flight reason being….I am always sleepless. I still remember the suffer I gone through three years ago when I traveled to the State. The whole journey was about twenty over hours from Kuala Lumpur to Los Angeles transit in Taipei.

I was awake for the whole journey. Luckily flight provides individual entertainment system. I almost finished watching all the movies available! And I have time to play games as well. It was so boring because everybody is sleeping except me. I hate this feeling as I felt lonely and helpless, to an extent, I felt insecure with this overly quiet environment.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sunrise on plane

This picture was taken when I traveled to New Zealand a year ago. It was a mid-night flight but this time I slept a little on the journey there. Maybe I learned one tip: I sleep 2-3 hours later than the normal time I go bed the week before I travel. By doing this, I feel extremely tire and I am able to sleep a little.

When I woke up, I opened the window besides me and I saw sun rising. This was not the first time I see sunrise on plane but I always have special feeling on sunrise. It is a very relax and nice feeling whenever I see this.

I enjoyed watching it on plane. I can see thick cloud everywhere; under, in between and above me. The feeling is fantastic because I feel like I am really “flying” without burdens and worries. Besides, the dime and soft sunlight make me feel that my life is full of energies. It has to be a very good day ahead.

Compare to sunset, I prefer to see sunrise. Although sunset is more romantic especially going with my boyfriend, sunrise give me hope. Seeing the sun rising from the cloud slowly, the sunlight penetrates through the cloud layer by layer. Initially, the sunlight is so soft and tender and it gets stronger and warmer. I feel like my day is getting more energized and there are hopes everywhere. I also feel that I am having more care and love from people around me with the warm sunlight especially after a night of cold air-con on the plane. I always like my environment to be warm, of course not hot rather than cold as coldness make me feel unsecured.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another sunrise picture taken in New Zealand

On the other hand, I felt sad when seeing this nice scene. Watching sunrise is quite a luxury for me in KL. Weekdays are always rushed for work in the morning. I am those who like to lazy in the bed before I can really wake up and wash up. By the time I get out from home, it is just enough time for me to reach office on time. Weekend….too bad, I always lazy in the bed till 12pm太陽曬屁股囖…Hence I have never enjoyed sunrise like what I had on the plane.

Watching sunrise on plane is really a good experience. For those who have the chance, do not miss this good opportunity as this is something not everyone can have.



*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed above are entirely based on my personal point of view and some light readings. This shall not be treated as reference and recommendation. Nobody shall be liable for any discomforts or side effects caused by the act as discussed above.

No comments: