Thursday, December 13, 2007

Before and After Resignation

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I have tendered my resignation a month ago. I have served notice period of a month before I handed over my works. I have been working stressfully for the past half a year due to a lot of factors. My emotion...is similar to the picture above...dull, gray, uncertain.....

Although I am independent but I felt left out and alone when working in this company. I have colleagues here but they are with different division doing different business. My team based in Singapore so as to my superior. Up to today-last day I am with this company, she hardly called me to check what the status in Malaysia is. Whenever she called me, I know it must be something urgent.

I am lost especially when I started work in this company as the job function is very different and this business is rather complicated to me. I am doing service sales. As name implies, I am selling company service. What do I do? I create demands for my clients to use my service in organizing events, engaging us in getting world reputable speaker to give talks, develop marketing collaterals for them etc. In fact, I can do everything that the clients want but of course, with some insider considerations that should not be disclosed.

Service sale is not the same as selling products. I do not have a product sample to showcase to client what my company has done to enhance their confidence in working with us. It is so subjective that it is really based on the way how I can convince them. To do this, it involved lots of background search on the relevant company profile and the projects itself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I resigned because I have got a better offer. This is a job which I believed is more suitable to me as I am always bored of doing sales. With the new job, I am no longer doing sales. YEAH, finally I got it. When I tender my resignation, I felt so happy and I still remember I had a very good sleep that night. Besides, I felt so much relief now as I no longer need to worry about my projects progresses. I see a light leading me to the correct way of getting out from the job that I do not really enjoyed.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Life is so great today. This is my last day with the current company. My emotion now….like reflected in the picture above. Bright, cheerful, relax and fun. I handover my jobs to my superior and now I am free.

I am going to have hairdo next week. I am going to have my facial treatment next week. I am going to have my keep fit plan starts from next week. I am going to shopping next week. YEAH…..I am going to enjoy my life to fullest next week.



No comments: