Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Roti Babi - Yut Kee


It was after Terry Fox Run the first time I went to Yut Kee Restaurant. One of my boyfriend’s friends suggested this place. I heard him saying roti babi; I thought this is something similar to Macau’s Pork Burger (豬扒包). I was not very satisfied with the pork burger I had in Macau reason being it is too dry for my liking. This is a good chance to give it another try as it is famous and they might have localized to Malaysian’s taste.

It was very crowded when we reached the restaurant, but we were able to get a table within 10 minutes. We ordered roti babi and some of their signature dishes like Hainanese chicken chop, toast and fish paste porridge.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Roti Babi

When the roti babi was served, I was stun as it doesn’t look like pork burger at all. It looks more like a french toast minus the butter on top. As you can see from the picture above, pork slices and Chinese sausage (腊腸) were cooked with onions and encased in bun sealed with eggs and deep fried. The crispy outer crust and soft bun make it a good match when taking together will its generous filling. The bun tasted pretty much a normal bun with very nice deep fried eggs aroma, together with the slightly salt filling, both of these compliment each other very well.

Yut Kee

35 Jalan Dang Wangi

Kuala Lumpur



*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed above are entirely based on my personal point of view and some light reading. This shall not be treated as reference and recommendation. Nobody shall be liable for any discomforts or side effects caused by the act as discussed above


No comments: