Thursday, November 29, 2007

Make Up with Oily Face


Flawless, smooth and clean makeup is always my dream as I am having oily skin. Besides, I also have high forehead which make my complexion look worst then it is when it shine. These two constructive effects make my face look oily rather than shining or radiant. My makeup looks patchy and doesn’t last long.

To avoid this, I always look for oil control products, hoping that it helps to reduce oil production. Some of it helps, but some caused my complexion becomes dry and peeling off. I had hard time trying out new products in the market hoping I will finally get something suits me.

However, I got some tips to share with people who are having the same problem.

  • Wear as little makeup as possible.
    • This allows makeup to look more natural without the patchy and blotchy feel.
    • Besides, as I apply less makeup, I spend less time on removing it and my face naturally do not lost that much of moisture compare to last time.
    • It is easier to touch up in the mid-day if needed as the foundation layer is thin. I just need to blotch off the oily layer and re-apply a thin layer of foundation. This can last me the whole day looking good.
  • Blotch off extra oil
    • Always use blotting paper to blotch off oil and touchup after that.
  • No shining and shimmering makeup
    • As oily complexion always shine after a while, stay away from these shimmering makeups especially foundation to avoid over-shinning face.
    • Used minimal lip gloss as this make face looks oilier.
    • Keep blusher soft and natural.
    • Use powder blush rather than cream blush as cream blush contain oil.
  • Foundation
    • Use one color lighter than skin color to cover up the darkening caused by oil
    • Use loose powder to keep face looks clean
    • Use powder foundation rather than cream and mousse foundation
    • Use oil control foundation if possible

Besides the above tips, a balance diet is important to a healthy looking complexion. Used light makeup to highlight the best features of your face rather than keep covering up the unpleasant flaws.



*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed above are entirely based on my personal point of view and some light reading. Nobody should be liable for any discomforts or side effects caused by the act as discussed above.


No comments: